The following is an excerpt from the Middle Harbour Regatta Program 1959
THE NORTHBRIDGE SAILING CLUB
The Northbridge Sailing Club owes its origin to a trophy presented by Mr. Bendall in 1946, to be awarded to the winner of an invitation race, sailed at Easter, and open to Vee-Jays and 10ft. dinghies. Subsequently the Volunteer Defence Corps Association awarded the "Norm Landers Trophy" for similar races.
Inspired by the success of these Easter races, a band of seven formed the Club in March 1949. Since then the Club has flourished and has taken part, with considerable success, in inter-club and championship races. Wherever their boats have competed, they have brought credit to their club by their achievements.
The Club's fleet comprises 27 Vee-Jays and it races in Middle Harbour between the Spit and Pickering Point each Saturday afternoon in two divisions.
To encourage future sailors, a sailing dinghy division has been formed for those too young to sail Vee-Jays. Eleven dinghies are registered with the Club and the lads race enthusiastically on Saturday mornings around Sailor's Bay.
An active parents' committee supports the Club and it is at present striving to raise funds for a clubhouse to be built on a site, already allocated, in Clive Park, Northbridge.
The Club meets on the first and third Wednesdays in the month in the Pavilion at the Northbridge Oval. All those interested in sailing are welcome.